Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jane Eyre


One of my all time favorite books is Jane Eyre. I love the book Jane Eyre because of the amazing writing of Charlotte Bronte she writes with amazing imagery. Another thing why I love Jane Eyre is the morals of the main character Jane. 

This is one of my favorite quotes from Jane Eyre

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: - Jane Eyre (2006)

and some more of my favorite quotes: 

“Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.” 

“We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.” 

“I am not deceitful: if I were, I should say I loved you; but I declare I do not love you: I dislike you the worst of anybody in the world.” 

“It is not violence that best overcomes hate -- nor vengeance that most certainly heals injury.” 

“God did not give me my life to throw it away.” 

“What necessity is there to dwell on the Past, when the Present is so much surer-the Future so much brighter?”

This is one of my favorite quotes from when she is talking to the mean teacher. When Jane Eyre was a little girl she was rather bad because no one taught her to be other wise.

“No sight so sad as that of a naughty child," he began, "especially a naughty little girl. Do you know where the wicked go after death?"

"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.

"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"

"A pit full of fire."

"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"

"No, sir."

"What must you do to avoid it?"

I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment